Department Christmas Parties

A

My department has organised a department party with entertainment, if it follows the trend of the last few years, it'll involve some of the male members dressing in drag. I just wondered if anyone's department was doing anything, especially anything original?

J

my dept are going to see some play, but don't think I'm going. They are also going out for xmas lunch.

K

Our department is having an Xmas do (meal and disco) at a posh venue, costing £37.50! Best bit will be the secret santa though, where everyone going gets an anonymous present from another person attending who drew their name. My supervisor got a raunchy thong last year. Bags of potential for embarrassing some of the lecturers.

A

Mia, would you want the dresses after a bunch of hairy men have worn them? :-O

I'll see if I can send them down to Soton, could be an early Christmas present...

H

Why aren't you going Jen?

J

because I'm miserable aand hate parties....only joking

I'm not going to the meal because they have booked for a set menu. I am veggie and on the list it has only 1 veggie option which states veggie dish of the day. I rang them and asked if they knew more and they said its whatever they feel like cooking on the day. so i'm not going.

Not going on theatre trip because it was arranged before I started and I don't think there are any tickets left.

H

It seems silly that they picked a place that has some a limited choice for veggies, the least the restaurant could do was let you choose it! It could be something stupid like tomato and mozerella (Had that happen to me once!)

J

yeah it is stupid. But they are going to the uni catering place for it. It costs 15.50 and the only starter thats veggie is melon and that makes my lips swell up so there is no point in me going.

J

emmy where in liverpools the party? I go to Liv uni.

J

that sounds really yummy. I didn't know that they did food in palm house.

K

A set menu with no specified veggie one is why I'm not going to our Xmas do. I've been called a stick-in-the-mud, but don't happen to have £37.50 to spare with the possibility of no suitable food.

J

call me a winj but i'd rather die than go to a party with my supervisor even tho they were serving my fav dish. anybody else like me? or are you all very hapy in the company of ur supervisors.

D

wow all your depts are organised. We just know we have one and that's it! Do the staff mix with the postgrads in your depts as they don't really seem in my dept?

Z

My departments Christmas party is going to be a riot!! I've helped organise a cocktail and punch hour before our the official Chrimbo lunch in the hope that it will loosen lips for the meal. Won't have to worry about buying drinks either - the lecturers all pay!!

J

I'm with you kc its not worth it. I am gonna spend the money on having a nice nite with my bf instead