Desperate and confused

B

Do not click the link on jennifer1's (only) post on this site. It was blocked by my antivirus as a dodgy link.

J

Do not click the link on jennifer1's (only) post on this site. It was blocked by my antivirus as a dodgy link.

bongo

u must absolutely be kidding. I spent an hour to put up this post. I took out some time to put up this post (my time is not free otherwise). The page is virus free and perfectly fine. Can you send me a screen shot of the virus warning?

W

BTW I know lots of teachers without a teaching qual, especially in work based learning! I was one fo them...I do have the cert now though but I taught for 8 years without one! You don't have to teach in a school or college ;-p If you really feel teaching is for you and you need a salary I strongly suggest Teach First. They pay you while you get your qual plus you are not restricted to teaching your degree subject if you have strong A levels in other areas. So if you have a humanities degree but have B-A* A level maths you can teach maths. You would be a particularly strong maths candidate if you did quantitative analysis or statistics training in your PhD too. They take on for secondary and Primary and there are still places in some subjects for Sept with Primary nearly full for this year but Humanities are full for this Sept.

B

Many thanks, Wowzers, for the info on the Teach First scheme. Unfortunately, my subject area is full. I'm unsure I want to go into primary teaching. Besides, it seems the most difficult sector to get jobs post-qualifying.