Disability Services for foreign students wishing to complete Masters in Philosophy Med Ethics

M

I would like to know the extent to which an international student would be granted certain dispensations regarding disabilities et. al..

ie Distance Education, Possible assistance funding, and the like.

Cheers from Canada... M.

G

One for the university your thinking of applying at I would imagine.

M

I should imagine that there is a general shared consensus among the UniCommunity regarding said or such policies. It is my simple desire to continue my education in one of the most, if not the most, refined educational environments existing.

S

there is indeed a legal act about disabilities in the UK which covers education. i know because when i started teachung UG classes, we were told what we need to do if a student makes a disability known to us. legally, once you've told someone, "the university" officially knows and it is the universities legal requirement to make sure all appropriate steps are taken to make sure you can complete your studies. that can mean simple things like getting a little extra time in exams if you are dyslexic, access to "quiet rooms", providing a key to elevators not normally accessible to all students, or also instructing class teachers to always look at you when speaking so as that you can lip-read, instructing class teachers to hold short breaks after 30 minutes, and the likes.
i don't think any funding is covered with this - that indeed would be a question you'd need to ask the uni your interested in.