Dissertation structure - stuck!

M

Hi all,

I'm completely stuck on writing my dissertation, mostly because I can't make up my mind about a good organizational structure. Basically, for my work, there was a preliminary clinical study, the data from that study was used to develop a device, and the device was then evaluated in another clinical study. Does anyone have any organizational suggestions? I've been trying to come up with a good structure that wouldn't confuse anyone, but nothing has struck me as being "just right." Any help is really appreciated! :-)

P

Um, I am not sure if I am just not understanding you correctly here, but it seems to me like you have a perfectly linear narrative/structure:

Introduction - theoretical identification of need based on literature review - Preliminary Clinical study to identify need in practice - data evaluation to define need more precisely - device development to address identified need - clinical study to assess effectiveness of device in addressing need. Conclusion. Hand in.

Is this any help at all?

H

I think you've got a perfect structure too. You've got there studies, each leading to the next!