Do PhDs make you fat?

H

After starting my PhD only 7 months ago, I can't fit into my clothes properly.....very worrying.

Anyone else having this problem?

:-(

D

Put on about half a stone through first two and half years of PhD. Think this was due to procrastination. Now in last half a year and seem to be losing it rapidly ? due to stress of writing up, but strange as have increased chocolate intake to cope with late nights of writing, so not sure how this is happening

H

Yes...this is a common PhD symptom...treatment - get the ****** thing finished!!!! Alcohol and sweet treats - writing uppers nightmare!

H

I want to lose 2 stone, no fair!

Ok maybe not 2 stone, but 1 would be good.....

V

I have got some eating disorders because of PhD:(

V

Mia- hard life of PhD, you know;)) Last year I had my 1st year report due+ a close person to me was very ill and died, so I ended up with some kind of anorexia from feeling bad, was only around 50kg (yes, I hear some yeallous remarks:PP
Actually it is geeting better now, eating normally again.
So, some people PhD makes fat, some unehalthy thin:)

V

thank you, Mia. they help a lot:)

S

wanna kiss too?

W

I used to be perfect size 8. Now I am a size 8 with a bit of a tummy that I wow to get rid of once I start going to the gym after submitting.

:( Stupid thesis!

S

All the fat goes straight to my stomach...if only it would divide in two and move up to my wonderbra...

M

i gained a stone in my first year (no country, rubbish living conditions, quite lonely ....), then a started loosing again, then i went to a summer school where they stuffed food into us and now i am back at my 1-stone-too-much

i am desperate for a working diet!!!

M

i meant NEW country

H

I've put on a stone and half since starting the phd almost a year ago. However mine has gone all over the place.

I would be happy to give you some of my breast tissue sixkitten, theres plenty to go around.

J

Monkey, I was putting on a bit, but I read about the "Japanese diet". It's not a diet as such though, you just eat Thai/Japanese/Chinese style: loads of vegetables and fish and spicy soups. I lost a stone over a 3 month period and I never felt like I was "dieting", it was just changing the way that I prepared food.

A

Boy- I read the titel of this post too fast and thought it said:

Do PhDs make you FART?

Errr well, Fat (lets say a bit over waight): yes,
Fart, I will not disclose.