Does anyone else have a stupid phobia?

S

I hate spiral staircases! I am fine with heights (climbing etc) but I freak going up them. Once a guide up a castle tower had to turn back 50 people so I could come down backwards

J

Thanks for all your responses; glad it's not just me. (Would have replied sooner but I'm a pauper with no web access at home). fili_fole, in our local shopping centre you always get people who think that the top of a moving escalator is a good place to stop and yak as well. I give them a suitably grumpy stare and mutter something damning, but then they just assume I'm the local bag lady or something.

And SixKitten, did you see that documentary last year about a bloke who was freaked out by tinned beans, he was undergoing desensitization therapy for it? Don't think it worked in the end.

S

No, I didn't see it Juno.

They are scary things baked beans!

J

In second year I lived with a girl who was scared of prawns. No idea how a phobia like that would be triggered. I'm rather partial to a prawn meself.

B

I love prawns.

J

mmmmm.........prawns...

F

mmmm fish, anyone want some thai prawn curry for dinner?

C

Its not an inanimate object, but I wish it was: - I have a belly button phobia! I can't have anything (trouser waistbands, poking fingers etc.) anywhere near it! And seeing anyone else touching their belly button makes me gag! Euuuuugh! Why??!?!