Does anyone enjoy their PhD?

S

Thank god, finally, I see some bright clouds here on PhD forum apart from the usual gloomy overcast clouds. Hopefully, that will motivate those about to give up. Happy researching.
Cheers.

B

I love my PhD too, three years in, part-time. It's one of my better decisions. Sure, it has its ups and downs but, having done other jobs in my time, this is the first one that has really challenged me. I've moved into a paid research post now, so that at least my current job now complements my PhD, and wouldn't change things for the world. That said, I'm on the homeward trek... all data collected and in the process of being analysed. Other than that, just writing up to do... three chapters to go and have allowed myself until April next year to submit a first full draft.

O

I enoy my PhD more than I enjoy marking and grading test papers.

I enjoy my PhD more than I enjoyed my previous legal education!

When I do not enjoy my PhD, it tends to be about factors outside of just doing the research itself--environmental things and internal questions about doing the PhD--but I always like my research, what I am learning, what I am writing, with great hopes of being able to make a contribution that is both original and also has some value in the real world.

T

I have only just started but at the moment I love it. After eleven years of working (with 3 hours commuting a day) organizing my own time and not having to catch the train is enough to make me enthusiastic - add to that the chance to really study something I am interested in and I am ecstatic - hope it lasts!!

P

Only just started, but I love it! I have a family and a job, but when I walk into the University I feel like I'm coming home (despite the fact I am 38 and my hair is not green)

S

Hello all,

This is an old thread but I am happy to hear some positive experiences from you.

I have just started and it's really important to get it started on a bright note :D.

Z