does anyone know anything about citrix?

C

Does anyone know anything about CITRIX?
I don’t really understand it, but it has been suggested I should use if for running experiments (psychological testing)
The thing is the programmes I need to you are already set up but run on a mac, and I don’t know if this will be a problem on CITRIX. I know so little about programming and really don’t want to re-programme for a PC.
Also does citrix run over the internet? And is this likely to affect programme timing?

I tried to approach the IT guy who is pushing for the use of citrix is ignoring my emails and never answers his phone. Plus I’d like to know a bit more about it before I approach him so I don’t look an idiot.

B

As I understand it, Citrix just allows you to run other programs remotely.

The way it works here is that the programs that you want to use are stored on the university's computers, and they also run on the university's computers - you just use Citrix over the network / internet to give you a graphical window to that program.

It's obviously not as responsive as running the programs on your own computer, but you don't have to worry about licensing / installing / maintaining / backups etc.

C

thanks for the answer. Just to stop any more replies, i have now found out it is unsuitable for running experiments. New plans shall now be made (i wish i knew about computers )