Does anyone knows anything about studying in Germany?

R

I'm interested to study in Germany, I have a Computer Sciences degree and was looking for a good master degree course. Can anyone suggest me a good course? Also i would like to know more about living in Germany and what do i need to have (documentation), so i can start working on them.

R

I can't advise about living in Germany, and the documentation you'll need, but I can direct you towards some appropriate masters courses in Germany:

http://www.findamasters.com/search/courses.aspx?CID=DE&Keywords=Computer+Science

Good luck in your search!

B

Hi Rita,
Great to find that you are enjoying this forum. I've been studying in Germany for my bachelor degree and right now i've started master degree for Databases and Management which is in the field of Computer Sciences. If you would take the time to make a simple search on Google you could find interesting information about things that you need to study in Germany. But sometimes the language may be the barrier so i made a quick search and here i found this site which is providing a great guide for foreign students who want to study in Germany: http://www.mawista.com/en/study-in-germany/ or you can find more information just by doing a search in Google: Study in Germany or Student Guides to study in Germany or other queries like that.
Hope that i could help you a little.

G

When you look for a respective master in computer sciences in Germany (some of them in English) you can stick to the 9 leading German Universities of Technology (TU9 universities) and the 11 German "universities of excellence".

The less academic but more applied and more German and still respective approach would be a University of Applied sciences.
In my opinion this is easier, at the moment all kinds of German graduates in informatics are hired in (not only) Germany.

At top-seeded level (I mean PhD mainly) some German Universities cooperate with non-university research institutions as Max Planck Society, Helmholtz, Leibniz community and Fraunhofer institutes which can offer real cutting edge conditions.

German Universities themselves are sometimes underfunded, not like in a poor country, but specially when compared to the very best in the world, but the cooperation really helps and is not much represented in international rankings. Max Planck society for example can without overstatement be compared to even Harvard, at least in very many respects.

DAAD is responsible for some advertising abroad. I think they can help you a bit in Social Media, then you should directly browse the websites off German universities.

M

Quote From Benjamin1:
Hi Rita,
Great to find that you are enjoying this forum. I've been studying in Germany for my bachelor degree and right now i've started master degree for Databases and Management which is in the field of Computer Sciences. If you would take the time to make a simple search on Google you could find interesting information about things that you need to study in Germany. But sometimes the language may be the barrier so i made a quick search and here i found this site which is providing a great guide for foreign students who want to study in Germany: http://www.mawista.com/en/study-in-germany/ or you can find more information just by doing a search in Google: Study in Germany or Student Guides to study in Germany or other queries like that.
Hope that i could help you a little.

Any guidance for post graduation in mechanical engineering?

D

Hi

From what I understand, many German universities combine the BA and Ma together, though, I think they are trying to make available single MA courses to follow in-line with the rest of Europe.

I know from hearsay that the Technishe Universitat in Munich (Munchen) is excellent for computer-related study and courses. Might be worth looking into?