Don't know what to do...

C

Any advice...
Talk to your supervisor, and anyone else at university that can give you help. The writing problem might not be the block you think it is and may be resolvable-which aspect is it that you can't do?
In some ways it is hard to tell how good you are without having spent years at it, and is about perseverence. I've felt I'm rubbish and should give up quite a lot, but seem to be doing OK and I hope to finish soon.
I think that maybe I'm not cut out for that sort of environment and instability so want to leave academia.

R

Hi Barcode,

my advice would be to persevere: The more I read this forum the more it becomes clear to me that it is not intellectual ability (not my intention to be disrespectful) but more perseverance which is the key to success in the PhD. See all the messages of people who feel low, the problems with the tuition, the lack of guidance etc. It seems that the ones who keep going eventually will finish the process and will succeed.

M

Barcode, start planning, u have identified the problem, thats so lovely and great and u are aware of the consequences and the impact that it could have. Re-evaluation of your pland and goals, u are almost bout to finish the race...just hold on, YOU ARE A WINNER, u have invested 24 months of ur precious time, thata alot of time....Keep thinking and break a leg.