don't where and how to start

O

i don't know how should i start searching for my phd project?
is it by asking lecturers if they have any project or prepare the proposal of my own?
things seem smooth for me since i cont my msc just after finishing my degree,because my fyp supervisor invited me to join his project. im kind of confuse/lost as to what i supposed to do?

H

Hi onoshi

What is your field/discipline? And what country/countries are you looking to do a PhD in?

O

IT/Multimedia. preferably in malaysia as i just started working as academic liaison in university of nottingham malaysia campus.
i tried to talk to one of the computer science lecturer and he told me to see head of school.
because we only had a brief and short talk, I couldn't ask whether I need to propose project or not, or whether computer department got many research projects or not...

I feel that it is not okay if I just go and see the head of the school without anything in mind which is true that i don't have anything to propose currently, so kind of stuck with what i need to do.

R

Schedule a meeting with the particular lecturer and ask him about the requirements. To my best knowledge, the procedure varies from university to university and also depending on the funding agency.

O

okay, thanks for the reply. I'll muster my courage and see what's their requirement. thanks so much, it's like encouragement to me.