Dragon Naturally Speaking

T

Hi. There are a few posts on this but they are all quite old. Just wondered what people think of the latest version of DNS. I found it in the Amazon Sale today only at £70 for the premium edition. I know there is a student edition but it's not much cheaper. I get RSI so wondered if this is worth the pennies. Thanks!

C

One of the Profs at the Uni said the latest version is an improvement on others, and he's happy with using it. I haven't tried it myself.

With RSI I would suspect its worth a try, heard its v painful.

Would you be able to try it out with amazon, 30 days money back apply on software?

Alternatively, would your uni have a version you could have as a student. I bought a few things i later realised i could have gone for free :-s so worth checking out.

Hope you get it free and it works for you (up) Chuff

W

DNS is really very good; the latest version has improved accuracy and it gets better the more you use it (It's about 97% accurate). What I will say, if you're going to get it, make sure you have a fairly good quality mic and make sure your PC is a reasonably well powered one (dual or quad core) for optimum performance.