dreaming about the thesis

C

I'm guessing this become more common in the third year, but I'm only in my 2nd year, and have a long way to go and lots of experimental work to do before I'm even thinking about writing up. Anyway in my dream I had an epiphany about how my thesis would fit together, how the chapters would be stuctured, except now I'm awake I can't remmber any of it (except that it was a good idea!)

Anyone else dream about their PhD?

M

I haven't dreamed about the PhD yet but I did with my MA dissertation. I woke up filled with a knowledge of how my whole argument could actually fit together and told my boyfriend all about it. Unfortunately when I went to write this epiphany down later and asked him what I'd told him, he'd forgotten it all or blanked it out for being too dull! I saved some of it but it wasn't as coherent as when I'd woken up first. Now I always keep a notebook by the bed!

D

I had a dream about the number of chapters in my thesis and that it was too long that it ran into two volumes and would cost me a fortune to print.  What I found amusing was that someone else also had a dream about my thesis and that one of the chapters was about half as thick as the whole thesis! I've also had a dream about something I'm studying and recently I had a dream about my project but it was in a weird setting.  It wasn't directly related to my project but it about the study area and one of the researchers who works in that area was getting very excited about it! It was so bizarre when I woke up I had a chuckle! I had a dream about my field trip after we went on one for my MSc so I guess it's not that strange!

I am still waiting for an epiphany about how it all fits together!  Hopefully I'll dream about that soon! ;-)