Dreaming of taking a PHD

S

As you can probably guess from the title I would love to do a PHD. I have seen a few good proposals but, can you apply before you have your resuts and get a kind of acceptence pending on results?

P

Innumerable forum posts, innumerable threads detailing PhD How-tos, and tons of information available on university grad admission websites.....entirely unsure who will actually detail out an answer to you!.

in a sentence: yes, u can apply before you Masters (or whatevr degree is needed) results are out. Usually offer is conditional till you satisfy that the required conditions including a particular grade for the required exam has been met. Again, every university is bound to have these rules stated. pl do a forum search.

P

Innumerable forum posts, innumerable threads detailing PhD How-tos, and tons of information available on university grad admission websites.....entirely unsure who will actually detail out an answer to you!.

in a sentence: yes, u can apply before you Masters (or whatevr degree is needed) results are out. Usually offer is conditional till you satisfy that the required conditions including a particular grade for the required exam has been met. Again, every university is bound to have these rules stated. pl do a forum search.

S

Ditto what Phdbug says - I haven't got my MA results yet and I'm in my 2nd month of the Phd. You can apply, most people do apply without results otherwise everybody would be forced to take a year out. Its conditional, mine is conditional on a pass at MA, but all unis are different. You'd have to go and find out from unis you were interested in what their particular policy is. For me it was easy, I'm at the same uni I did my BA and MA at so they know me well, but ask. I hope you get where you want to be - I remember dreaming of doing it lol.