Early bird or not?

L

Just wondering what time people manage to start work in the morning? I have to get up early for a lift so get in early but can never bring myself to start working til about 10. If I didn't have to get up, I think it would probably be later! I guess I'm not a morning person!

A

Definitely not a morning person. I'm just having a cup of tea and morning browse of the internet, then I'll get dressed, and then I'll maybe start work around 11.30/12 .... That's what I love about doing a PhD

I CAN do early if I have to, when I was working I started at 7.30 in the morning. But I'd much rather not. This writing thing is much easier late afternoon/evening.

K

I'm definitely a morning person, in fact I can't really work past 4pm in the afternoon so have to get here early or I'd get nothing done. I get in about 8- 8:30 but have an hour commute.

P

I'm in the office around 8.15am and work through till after 5

S

I'm a morning person, but I don't get up till late - which is why I never get anything done!

L

Yeah having flexible working hours is a good point of PhD. Thing is I always finish at 5 even if I haven't started early! Bit bad, but want to enjoy my evenings!

J

i start at 11am on good days... can start as late as four. i love my sleep. am happy to stay up late. however, if i need to i can wake up really early - only if i have to.

C

I get in at 8 and leave at 5:20. So I can get a lift home!

K

I go through cycles of either morning or night person. Some weeks I am in at 7:30. Others I struggle to get in for 10! I don't seem to leave any earlier when I get in earlier tho...

P

I'm glad to her not everyone is up and working by 8am. I am definitely a night person and don't get started till lunchtime. I prefer to work in the evening and at weekends. In fact I was finishing off my bibliography for my first review panel at 3am this morning.

P

I'm glad to her not everyone is up and working by 8am. I am definitely a night person and don't get started till lunchtime. I prefer to work in the evening and at weekends. In fact I was finishing off my bibliography for my first review panel at 3am this morning.