easter hols - anyone taking any?

J

Hi everyone,

How long are people taking off at easter? I was just getting the courage up to ask my supervisor for a week off and he told me about a meeting he wants me to go to in the week I would like to take off. I need a holiday :(, but i def want to go to the meeting. What does everyone think?

M

he's probably expecting you to be around if he's mentioned a meeting he would like you to attend, but I don't see the harm in asking for a few days off before or after the meeting?

H

I spoke to my mother and she assumed I will be taking the three weeks off with the UGs.....lol. She didn't sound too impressed when I told her I would be home for the bank holiday weekend but thats it!

E

i think that its normal to take a week off....with us.
But i'll be working...will try to go away for a while. But i want to get a lot doen in the peace and quiet :-)

E

i am taking a week. no more and no less.
i am going to go away from this place.

J

By easter i will have been here over six months and I have had 1 week 2 days off at xmas (thats all the holiday I have had). I spoken to others in my uni and some of them have had additional hols and a longer xmas hol. I don't wanna look like i'm taking advantage but I would really like to have a week off.

G

i will definately be taking a week off - i think no matter how much work you have on, you have to have some "off" time to be able to relax (somewhat) and come back with a feeling of being refreshed and ready to get going again. You are entitled to some holiday!

Z

I'm just taking a long weekend off. But Jen - take a week off if you think you need it. Like you I only took a week off at Christmas, so I'll be taking 3 weeks off in August to go to Argentina!!

J

I want to take two wks off in the summer

W

No chance whatsoever. I am writing up... not even the scent of holidays on the horizon for me.

However given the chance to choose, where would you want to go for holidays? I am thinking of going to Prague or Hong Kong after I finish writing.

R

Never been to Hong Kong, so couldn't say about that really. But went to Prague for New Year, was fantastic, beautiful city, lots to see and do and good cheap food and alcohol! What more could you ask for (oh and we stayed on a Botel! hehe)

S

No holiday for 13 years? don't exaggerate!! unless you have been in prison, you mean to say that in 13 years you have not had a week off?

S

I have only ever been to Florida outside of Europe, but am going to Santorini, Greece this summer