Ed.D from US Institution to Ph.D from UK Institution

M

I've recently completed a Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership here in the United States. A few months ago, I became determined to get a second doctoral degree for several reasons. Most prevalent is that I accepted an instructor position shortly before I graduated and find that I would like to parlay my education into a tenured professor position. I find that I like teaching adult students in higher education institutions. In order to teach full-time at many of the State schools in my area, however, it is preferred that one have a PhD degree. Another reason why I am interested in a PhD is that I would like to further my knowledge in an area outside Organizational Leadership. I have made the decision not to advance my education through the pursuit of another undergraduate degree but to focus, instead, on another PhD which would be of more value to me and my life goals. I am additionally, a life-time learner with a genuine admiration for UK Education. Although I am currently a US citizen, I was born and reared in the Islands of the Bahamas. I find the pursuit of doctoral degrees fascinating, exhilarating and exciting, to say the least. I have already identified three potential universities; Nottingham Trent, University of Southern Queensland and University of Birmingham. I am not seeking financial assistance and will be a self-funded distance education student. While I do not want to discuss the value of a second doctoral degree on my long and short-term career goals, I would like to gauge your thoughts on how you think the UK University of my choice will view my application for a PhD Research Degree having already received a prior doctoral degree. I appreciate your attention to my post and look forward to reading your perspectives.

K

Where are you intended to stay and teach? US or UK?

M

Thank you for your response. To your question, I will continue to remain here in the United States. I will also seek to continue teaching here in the US, as well.