embarassed - will i ever know as my as my supervisor? - feeling inadequate

J

hey everyone, you all know how I've been happy later with my improved progress after a disastrous first year. i got up early this morning and trying to work up some motivation, i decided to check my supervisors publications and taught course handouts. she knows sooooooooooo much!! my work, which i thought was fantastic is a drop in the ocean compared to hers. she mentions all my points and adds others which i hadn't thought of - ever! she did the handouts well before my work improved so she has definitely not done much of transplanting of my work unless she recently improved her notes. she knows soooo much! i was hoping to hand in work on Monday. looks like am gonna be working crazy hours over the weekend trying to incorporate her ideas into my work.

R

Of course your supervisor knows a lot about the subject or she wouldn't be your supervisor! You are early into what you are doing and its hard to take in all the work that's out there but that is no reason to feel intimidated - its a learning curve and you are already climbing it. In the end trust me you will know more about your particular strand than most other people, probably including your suprvisor. Just be grateful you have someone so competent supervising you, but also be careful that you aren't writing her notes!!

J

don't worry. they're all referenced.