Endnote, please help before I cry

B

Hi all, I'm feeling down in the dumps today, and together with endnote I am ready to break down in tears.

So I bought Endnote x4 the other day through my uni. I had to buy it when I was on a uni computer, to get it for the reduced price of £58.00. I've received it today and installed it on my home computer.

I've been trying to connect and search in an online database, but all the ones I need want a user ID and a password. I've tried all my uni usernames/passwords but it just says it won't do it. Is this because I'm at home? Have I messed up and bought the wrong endnote, and it won't work at home? :'(

Any help is much appreciated :)

S

Hi Button,

Why don't you ask in yr Uni for the reason behind? We do get support from IT people in the Uni for all installation work. See if there is any notepad file, sometimes it contains UN and PW. Have to try to see yr CD cover? or, at the front of yr CD?

W

Hi Botton, it seems the problem you are having is a typical one. I've found this page on the matter, which will explain things better than I ever can:

http://lists.adeptscience.co.uk/endnote/endnote_Sep_2004/thid_8870ed50520ecc19f11cd3ee8fc9f967.html

Perhaps your uni could provide you with the necessary Ezproxy password(s) if you ask? :-)

B

Thanks a lot both of you, and Wally you're a star for finding that info for me! I'll get onto my uni and try and get it sorted!