endnote question

Y

Hi guys,
I'm about to finally start referencing up my thesis before I hand in next week but I have a quick query about endnote.
I've exported most of my papers from Web of knowledge to save typing, but some of my older papers say anything before mid 1990's has exported the entire title in block capitals. Obviously I need the titles in normal text, for my thesis. Does anyone know a quick way of changing this without having to delete and retype?
Also what journal output style does everyone use? I'm in sciences if that helps.

any help will do.

not sure about the CAPS - would love to know because I have the same issue.

I use APA format, but it will probably tell you in your PhD guide from your department/uni. I know others that use harvard.

Hi Yellowtreble

I'm not sure what referencing style you use but I use Harvard and Endnote automatically puts it into capital letters (There's a note if you go into the Harvard style that after 2003 (I think) Author names are supposed to be in capitals??????). So i created my own style- basically it's pretty much the Harvard style but without the capitals - it's pretty easy to do.

I don't know the proper solution to your question though, sorry.

S

The best I've got is cut the title/name out of Endnote, paste into word then press shift + f3, get the desired caps (by cycling through the shift f3 options) and then paste back into Endnote.

A

Hi Yellowtreble,

I've used an adapted version of Harvard style, basically without author's names in capitals and in bold, in my thesis. I think you can change how the reference title is presented in your bibliography in the options for editing output style in Endnote (Edit - Output Styles - Edit "Selected Style") - there's a section under Bibliography called 'Title Capitalization' and you can select whether you want the titles to appear as entered into Endnote, or with headline style or sentence style capitalization. I hope that helps!