External cancelled my viva :(

B

Glad you've got some good news. That's also plenty of time for you to prepare (or re-prepare!) for the viva. Sending positive thoughts your way.

K

Fantastic news Pineapple- you deserve all the luck in the world after the rollercoster you've been on these last few months. Really hope we can help you celebrate in a month or two's time! Best wishes, KB

A

I'm so happy for you that a new external is onboard. Good luck with the viva prep, you now have a date to work towards(up)

A

So pleased to hear this pineapple! I'm going to keep everything crossed for you - I hope that your examiners will see that you deserve your PhD!8-)

C

Really pleased to hear this. Good luck with the prep :-)

J

Good for you Pineapple! Forward!:-)

P

Right- I've got my new viva date. SERIOUSLY panicking now!!!!!!

22 days left to go!!!!!!!!!!! (from tomorrow).

I've been told they will restrict the viva to one hour due to my external examiners commitments.

What will be will be. If they decide to fail me (which is what I'm expecting) then at least this awful process will be over with sooner rather than later. I'm hoping a 1 hour viva won't be as painful as a lengthy 5hr+ viva!

My blood pressure has just shot through the roof! arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

T

Why would they fail you? If your thesis was that bad they would not bother to do the viva!

Dont go in there defeated, you dont know the outcome yet!

Just think in 22 days you can move on to new challenges and opportunities no matter what happens!!

xx

D

Wow pineapple, that is excellent news. A 1 hour viva would be fabulous, not so likely to bolt at the door lol. I am going through all of your previous anxieties currently, as I submitted 1st April and still have no viva date. Both examiners have my thesis so I am starting to think the worst.....:-( Above all, it is the limbo phase that is so discouraging and how do you prep when you have no date to aim for. I am so pleased things are looking up for you. So, get your head down, revise your thesis content, answer some prep questions and think positive!!

A

I think a one hour viva is great news. You now have a date to work towards and I think knowing how long the viva will be is really good. Imagine if they hadn't pre warned you; you would be thinking when it was wrapped up in an hour that it was bad news.

Good luck with the prep :-) Think positive(up)

T

Good luck Pineapple with your preparation. Had my viva yesterday and it was about an hour, went very well. Don't worry about the time allocated!

C

This is great news Pineapple29! I am sure that having a date makes all the difference on your morale.
Just over three weeks to go! - I still have a couple of months before my viva, so I have plenty of time to get concerned.

Good luck, and keep us up-to-date!
(up)

B

My viva was an hour long, and I passed. So think positive thoughts!

Good luck 8-)