fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail

E

considering my supervisor gave me shit today - i want you to all pray that she fails her phd viva on thursday. Her internal is a very good friend of hers and her external is someone she doesnt know but is a good mate of her internal. Failiure is not really an option... but I guess I can try to pray for her to get major corrections.

H

I'm making a voodoo doll of her and will do a parody of it having a viva and doing badly.

G

I didn't even know you could be a supervisor without a relevant PhD!

E

I want her to fail... if the woman gets on a power trip thats my path to insanity. She was really stressed about her viva today and took it out on my report. She had a go at me for using Times New Roman font instead of Ariel... along with other things. Some things she says are really cool and I dont mind. But others take the mick.

If she fails I will be happy but I doubt she willl....

H

Whats wrong with Times New Roman? I always use that.... :-S

S

na, use arial, it looks bigger

E

the woman has stopped me from using latex and bibtec... i wanted to use reference manager but now I have to use word and endnote. ITS DRIVING ME INSANE. i use to use pine to check my email but she kept nagging me to use Eudora... which i hate so I now use outlook which she is now happy with. ITS MY REPORT.... let me write it how i want...

S

thats seems unreasonably controlling. Are you sure she isn't suggesting using these as I cannot imagine anyone telling you which software to use.

By the way, I use Endnote and outlook. Both are very good, you just need to get used to them. I tested procite before i used endnote, and endnote is the easiest to use.

Just be firm, and say, 'actually I would prefer to use .....' and if she says otherwise, ignore her and do what you want. Can't see that standing up well if she complains at your other supervisor 'boo hoo, she won't use endnote like i told her too!!', your other supervisor will then think she's being petty.

Keep a log of everything she asks you (or tells you) to do, so that if your other supervisor says that you haven't been taking advice on board, you can reel off the list of things that have been asked of you, and why you chose not to do it. That will soon shut her up if you reason why you don't take certain instructions.

E

the woman wont give feedback unless its in Word. If she used tracking then fair enough but she prints it out and then puts comments on it. I find this a bit annoying.
She wanted me to use Eudora because then I could send her emails in arial...

I am in the process of sorting out my report to the way that she wants it.... she says i am slacking and being lazy. She said just because I am getting offers to do presentations and taking part in panel sessions - it means nothing becuase I find it difficult to handle details and therefore my thesis is going to be difficult to write.

I am going to do my 9month report then reassess the situation.

S

Why don't you send her something in that flashing text you can do in word - I think it's called sparkle text?

H

Why the obsession with ariel? :-S Sounds like this woman has major issues.

What's it to her what font you use and what word processing/email programme you use. This woman is totally lame.

E

she claims she cannot read times new roman. Such is life.
I hope collective bad thoughts might help her have a bit of a hard time.

Such is lfe. We have done the honarary thing and got her a good luck card and we will get her something to say congrats. Its not my view that we should but the groups view that we should I said hey we all have to go thru the process... why congratulate her for being late?!

S

are you going to have to celebrate with her if she passes?

E

i am planning on being ill on friday.

S

Todays the day. Send the thing an abusive email, saying how shit she is and how she has taken decades to do a PhD, also add the fact that she has examiners who are her friends and couldn't manage with examiners she knows.

That would put her in a good mood for the viva