Fed up with changes

Z

I have been studying for my PhD for a while as a part-time student.(I really wish I had gone full-time!!) I have had several challenges in that my main supervisors(3 different ones) have left the university at different times. Each time I have had a new set of supervisors, they kind of want to "twig" my research their way.This is the 3rd time it has happened. My problem now is I seem to be running out of time and the one supervisor that is left thinks I haven't got enough to warrant a PhD (although, I have already crossed over the MPhil stage before he came on board). I am angry because the university has not even officially advised me that my main supervisor has left. There is nothing in place to get me someone else. I have spent so much time and not sure now whether to transfer to another university or try and stick it out with this one. But if I transfer to complete somewhere else, where would that leave me and how do I even go about it?

U

Hi Zeniar

I think if either of your previous supervisors can accept you at the new universities, this could be a good option. Else, you should stay at the same university and try getting a better deal with the supervisor you are left with.

F

Hi Zeniar,
you could just stay and keep in touch! Good luck!