Fed up with the theiving

Y

I know I'm not one to rant normally but today has seriously hacked me off. I've worked really hard getting my cells ready for a set of vital experiments that i've been told to have done before my supervisor gets back off holiday.Meaning I have to work the bank hols. Only to find the materials I use to make my surfaces to grow my cells on have been nicked, namely one of my base monomers so I can't use something else. I've asked for it back nicely and no-one has responded. Am so frustrated as everything in my lab keeps going "missing" and the staff do nothing about it. grrrrrrrr. rant over!

S

All too common in laboratories - its crap but it means you have to keep your stuff hidden and label everything that belongs to you (I ended up labeling permanent marker pens) - happens in our labs too - if its not nailed down it goes missing

I caught a guy trying to 'borrow' our drying oven once!

J

This isn't really my field, so feel free tolaught at this , bt could you ring round other places and see if you can get some more? now tell me it is something you make up yourself and takes months to put together . I think this is one of those things that happens, and not just in labs, with daughters who are also doing research work I often find things have gone walkies luckily they work in different fields so my research papers are safe! what I would do if I had solutions etc. that were liable to go missing is label my stuff as something else, then if anyone 'borrows' it in the future you will know who it is.

C

"I ended up labeling permanent marker pens"
Me too
That is just rubbish

S

problem with stuff like that is that you assume its there and only go to get it when you need it, if its not there then you can't do your work on the schedule you set out- and have to shell out for more -

a right pain in the ass