feeling down...

H

======= Date Modified 15 01 2010 13:01:30 =======
Thank you for reading and sorry in advance for this rant.

I am feeling very down at the moment. My mechanism is not working and I am trying to fix it but I don't know whether it will work this time as it will take a month to be fabricated before I can test/ experiment it. I don't know whether the new formula that I'm applying works and I am also afraid if the workshop mechanics/ technicians will be angry at me because the mechanism will be difficult to be fabricated/ made. If it fails, it will take another two months to be reformulated, redesigned and refabricated where I should be doing the second phase/ part of my research by this time. If I can't solve this part, I won't be able to proceed to the next levels.
I have met a counselor, talked to few friends and taken few weeks off but I still feel like crying everytime I sit down and try to solve the problem. I am already in the second year now, but I still haven't produce any good output. Is there really a light at the end of the tunnel for me or PhD is just not for me? I feel very hopeless but if possible, I don't want to quit.

Sorry for starting this week with a negative thread, but I really need to get this out from my chest right now.

Any support/ advice/ comment/ reply is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

W

Sorry to hear that your research isn't going as well as you'd like at the moment. When I was where you are not now, I was having an ethics crisis and that delayed my research quite a bit. Try not to get too down about it if possible, as these things happen. Are there any other ways you could use the time productively while you wait for things to get sorted? So, maybe work on the lit review or introduction chapter in the meantime?

H

Thanks Wal...

I'll try not to be so depress and get serious abt my writing while the mechanism is being fabriated in the workshop.

Thanks again...