feeling so low and yet i have to work - anyone else working?

J

hi, am currently struggling with my methodology, i feel out of depth and unsure about what am supposed to be doing and i have to hand in work on monday. someone tell me that am not the only one working tonight?

J

i'm trying to work and do my laundry :(

J

great to see you Jewel

B

Hi Jojo

With you there. Methodologies are murder! I suffered long and hard with mine - but, like me, you'll get there in the end. Then, when (and if) you complete a pilot study, it'll all make sense and you'll go back and cut out the half that's making your head hurt now.

C

No
Want a whole thesis to give to supervisor by Tuesday.
Can you find a review article/book on that method/area?

You are not alone jojo. I recommend giving yourself a couple of hours break and do something you enjoy though. I was feeling like that a few hours ago. In the end, I walked to the supermarket, bought some food for bbq. I was going to prepare dinner anyway, I thought we might as well have a bbq in the garden with my bf and his friend. Why don't you do something like that? Eat something you really like, watch something fun, speak to a friend for 10 minutes and go back to work. I know it sounds like a waste of time considering you need to finish it for monday, but it will actually make you more productive.

J

thanks guys. you're all so supportive. i've taken the better part of today off. spent the day printing papers, went to the supermarket, watched a bit of telly, spoke to a few friends. am now refreshed enough to have another go at it.

thanks once again, hope your work goes well as well.

P

exactly what bakuvia said. goodluck jojo

J

thanks everyone for your advice, sentiments etc. am taking it all on board and hopefully i should see the light at the end of the tunnel not so long from now.

J

cc - reviewing other methodologies has really helped. one more paper to read and i can get down to coming up with my own methodology. am so happy that am making some progress.

C

I'm glad my vague advice helped. Reviews are great, an expert basically does all the hard work for you

I'm still here, surrounded by paper. So much more of a struggle this morning
Anyone else suffering?

J

i just got up. today is D-day. i have to write or am doomed coz i have to hand in tomorrow. looking forward to it though. i work best under pressure. though starting is the hardest part of things.

C

Hope it went OK.
I'm in work as oposed to the comfort of home
Busy busy day ahead...