final corrections and binding (almost all over!)

C

Well, this afternoon and weekend I am finally settling down to doing my post-viva minor corrections (yay!) and then getting the thesis printed and bound. Could do without the cost of binding and printing right now, but hey, once it is in....

Have spent the past few weeks settling into my new part-time job which starts in earnest in early October when the students come back. Ashamed to say that since I have had the viva I have spent a LOT of time just watching television especially The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad. To be fair I have joined the gym in the last month so I am doing some activity. Mostly I am glad to just never have to do a PhD again. I want to erase the last PhD 4 years from memory. Of course there is a massive void and not quite sure how to fill it...

Should try and get these corrections done, it has taken me weeks to want to even look at the thesis again!!

To the corrections......

S

Awww I so envy you!!!!! Tell you what, send me your files, I'll do your corrections and you do my thesis :-) Its gotta be better than suffering The Simpsons surely??? :p Last little push and you've given birth to your pretty bound thesis and then its just a case of wearing the gown and silly hat (up)

A

Go Chris!! I'm sooooo jealous I'm almost sick!! Good luck with the corrections, get settled with a bottle of wine and it'll be over before oyu know it!! Then you'll have a nice thick personalised coffee table ornament! ;-)

W

Well done, Chrisrolinski. And congratulations with the job too.

C

Thanks all.

The thesis is now being bound as we speak!!! Massive queue at the university binders full of crying MA students who have deadlines today or tmrw. And so had to go to a private binder (more expensive, less nice finish)...sigh....but it will be in. £60 poorer (plus print costs) but ..yay...it is being bound!!

B

Congratulations :-)

B

Great news. You'll feel great when it's finally fully handed in. Though, if you're like me, you'll still find typos afterwards :p