Final Slog........... (a few more words to for the word count)

D

I love starting things... but i am a VERY BAD finisher. I have to hand stuff in soon and i need to sort out my results, discusssion and future work chapter. Bascially the final slog. How do you all do it - I dont even wnat to LOOK at this work much longer........!!!!

K

That sums up my situation perfectly too! I feel the same way and sometimes really dread opening up my word documents! Trying to keep going by thinking how much more I will enjoy my spare time when I'm done. And breaking it into smaller hurdles with deadlines. And bribing myself, once I've written x number of words, I can...

U

The harder/quicker you work now, the sooner you'll be enjoying the wonderful euphoric feeling of handing the damn thing in.

And the sooner the viva will be over, and then the whole lot can be put on a bonfire, and you can start therapy to remove all the previous 3+ years trauma!

C

Every time I finish something in my thesis and see the finish line I find a new hurdle. I'm trying to finish a version to hand to supervisor by the end of May.

T

Don't you just hate the fact that once you think you have finished something completely no matter how many times you recheck it.. when you look over it again once you have handed it in you see typos and grammatical errors .. or maybe thats just me!!

J

this is me now. a lot of bribery will come in handy tomorrow.

C

2 more days, then will dump thesis on supervisor's desk, clear my own desk and disappear home to relax
(until he probably gives me corrections )
hopefully minor *prays*

P

Wow, good luck you guys, I am three years away from what you are going through, today I am having a daunted day so need to read all these 'finishing and finished posts!'