Final Step in PhD

S

My phd is finally finished and I am in the process of submission. Presently I am thinking about the viva examination and the risks associated with it. My supervisor is very confident that my thesis is good and up to PhD level. He also claimed that I have a strong contribution. My thesis has already been published in an academic article, where it was peer reviewed. In view of the above I wonder how the viva will be. Should I worry because I still risk of failing or there is strong evidence that it will be a discussion how the key contribution can be applied in practice and adopted in other areas. What do you think?

T

Sounds like you'll be fine. You're already published and your supervisor says your thesis is good, so stop worrying :)

D

No need to worry. It is what it is.

H

It all sounds promising for you. But rather than waste energy on worrying, are you doing anything to actively prepare for the viva?

S

Thanks for your comments. Very encouraging! Yes I am reading the thesis and outlining the key points present in each page. I am not worrying I am more thinking about the approach they will take. This will help to identify any potential questions.

P

Hi Spiteris

Please look at this thread