Final year support thread

Z

Good ol' times new roman.

Yes, I know I am boring!

S

Hello,

I am a student at London College of Fashion working on my master thesis on Indian consumer's perception about Italian luxury brands. I would be extremely grateful if you can spend 2 minutes of your time on the enclosed questionnaire. Thank you for your consideration.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pa11Ry0bHPkEwrV7X4OPNS_mop07eUV5Ywbh7pZm5OA/edit

H

Quote From Zutterfly:
Good ol' times new roman.

Yes, I know I am boring!

:-D I don't feel too bad now about the one I've used! I think I'll stick to that then :)

H

I'm having a font crisis again! I've posted it here, would love your input please!

C

We have to use Times New Roman, size 12, and put two spaces after every full stop. I am gutted and am leaving the formatting til the end, as I can't stand working with it looking like that!

H

Quote From chickpea:
We have to use Times New Roman, size 12, and put two spaces after every full stop. I am gutted and am leaving the formatting til the end, as I can't stand working with it looking like that!

Gosh that does sound awful! :(

C

Quote From Hugh:
Quote From chickpea:

Gosh that does sound awful! :(

The 'two spaces after every full stop' thing is particularly annoying. I think it's a throwback from days when theses were typed and it improved readability, but with most modern fonts it makes no sense.

How are you getting on this week? I am ultra-tired and think I may switch to job applications for a change of pace!

T

See, I love two spaces after a full stop. My mum was a secretary and taught me that :)

C

Quote From TreeofLife:
See, I love two spaces after a full stop. My mum was a secretary and taught me that :)

Seems to be one of those 'love it or loathe it' things - I have met others who think it's the proper way to type :)

H

Quote From chickpea:

How are you getting on this week? I am ultra-tired and think I may switch to job applications for a change of pace!

I'm feeling really run down this week too. I need a long holiday before focusing on formatting, it feels like such a pain.

I've just spent the morning trying to sort out my appendices. Still not completely done yet.

C

Quote From Hugh:
Quote From chickpea:

I'm feeling really run down this week too. I need a long holiday before focusing on formatting, it feels like such a pain.

I've just spent the morning trying to sort out my appendices. Still not completely done yet.

I've not gone near appendices yet - I have this vague dread they are going to be bigger than my thesis! Are all your chapters drafted now?

H

Yes, chapters are drafted. I'm hoping to have a full draft ready by the end of this month. I'm stuck on formatting though. It's driving me a bit mad!

How are you coming along?

C

Quote From Hugh:
Yes, chapters are drafted. I'm hoping to have a full draft ready by the end of this month. I'm stuck on formatting though. It's driving me a bit mad!

How are you coming along?

That's brilliant that your chapters are drafted! I have two in production just now - both are data chapters - and then there is the discussion/conclusion to write. Hoping for a full draft by the end of Sept.

Z

Wow well done Hugh!

You are nearly there Chickpea :)

I have the whole thesis but I am editing each chapter in order. Some need a lot more work, others need some tweaking. I have just made myself a timetable to stick on my wall to stay on track to have the full draft sent in October, but looks like I will be working a lot of weekends to accomplish it I think :/

H

Well done to both of you too, you are both nearly there! :)

Don't forget to take some time off too, I think I've burnt myself out in past month, and I'm paying for it now, I'm so exhausted! I should pace myself more ...