First year transfer meet today...

J

Hey guys

So I handed in the chapter a week ago and have been like a cat on a hot tin roof waiting for the transfer meet which is today. This morning. Am so nervous! I read my chapter over the weekend and it is RUBBISH! So bad, I would mark it 62%. The ideas are good, (tank da laird) but the writing style is sooo awful! so I am prepared for them to send me away to rewrite and come back another day.

Wish me luck!

PS: another nonsense blog for procrastination purposes: www.trialsandtribsofaphd.blogspot.com

Tis mine, Tis new, comments and ideas really welcome!
speak soon chaps
J x

B

Hi Jayney, best of luck. We are our own worst critique when it comes to our writing. Thanks for the blog for more good procrastination!

L

good luck!! that's great that you have written a draft, its always easy to improve on things that are already written. and you've accomplished that. don't worry about style writing, my own is awful and my supervisor always makes me feel like an idiot when he tells me so

but i read in a book that simple is fine, no need for fancy dancy writing.

J

Thanks guys! I passed though and they were really pleased with my progress! bizarre. righty then, onwards and upwards!