five days....and five thousand words to go....

C

Hmmm, I'm trying to finish my lit review by Wednesday...and I have five thousand words left...must stay awake and do it....

Aghhh!!! And once it has been done - I will have survived my first PhD term! Yay! Anyone else working up close to the wall?

A

not that close, but as we speak I am polishing the third instalment;) of my literature review, due tomorrow at 11 a.m. it's (will be) a hard day's night...

C

Good luck! I though that I had left the days of last minute work behind at MA....still it is very hard balancing work and study....nevermind...

Christmas soon...

A

Think I might have to pull an all-nighter, abstract deadline tomorrow and I'm still modelling data

C

Hmm...good luck guys...I'm still here - with my red bull- I'm adopting a less rigid tone in my draft literature review. It is the only way to say what I really want -I'm not writing an essay so don't see the need to adopt overtl formal language. Obviously, I'm not jabbering away in slang! lol

A

submitted;) well, now can start thinking of the next part.

C

Congratulations...have a celebratory mince pie!

F

Well done Annie G. Hope you meet your deadlines too Ann and Chris

S

OMG you've done your lit review in the first term???????

C

Kitten - I am DOING my literature review yes : a draft of around 6,000 words to be in on Weds.

ARGH! You should see me now sat in the Ryland's gobbling glucose sweets and 'stay awake' pills! Eek!

S

Oh dear crap - I haven't started writing and have been a student as long as you!!!!!!! Way to make me feel bad!!!! LOL

C

Don't feel bad kitten - if I was such a good student I wouldn't be struggling to write up 2 days before submission. I think my draft is awful and won't be long enough and it is going to ruin my christmas knowing that when I come back in the New Year it will be picked apart...