For GOD Sake

B

I am a phd student. I got funded from my supervisor to do a phd in certain project. The problem he is a super nice guy as a person. He is just friendly. The problem he restricted me to one topic and there is no data. Anyway i was designing an experiment to use what we have and all resources in hands but suddenly after a year and half he surprised me and come up to say noway to do this because it needs ethical approval. Anyway he doesn't reply to emails, don't need to say he doesn't send ones. To be honest he sent me 4 emails through the last year (yes 1 email in 3 months). The problem that after 2 years of my phd he mention (mistakenly) that I might need extension to do my phd. When ever i send him email he is not replying for example, i sent him email a week ago and i was chasing him more than 3 times to open it, of course he didn't open it (just open it not reading it). Seems he is busy right? how come he spends more than 7 hours with my collage (who was kicked from another supervisor because his weak progress) and what they do in the 7 hours a day the supervisor writes a program for him in matlab (yes do programming for him). So I came up to two things: My supervisor is friendly with everyone including me (even, sometimes i recommend movies for him.) he always talk to others and me about myself that i am so good. and he is not busy. So, for GOD sake why he is not replying to my emails? why does he mention extension, so i will need more than another two years? i really dont understand it. Btw: he is also smart as most people say, so he isnot ignoring me because he dont know. And btw I haven't ask him for technical issues and I dont wait that from him. I only need data.

D

Of course i think so.

D

I really don't know why your first supervisor is not letting you collect any data. Try to have an honest conversation with him what he thinks the outcome of the thesis will be and how you will achieve it.
Use your second supervisor too (typically you should have one) , explain your situation and ask for advice.