Former PhD supervisor, Should it be included as a co-author or just in Acknowledgement?

K

Hi all,
This is becoming a major question for me and I like to hear your thoughts on this issue. I am trying to improve my publication record using data from my PhD thesis. I should mentioned that during my PhD thesis, my supervisor provided the minimum or better to say NO support or intellectual guidance and went on sabbatical for a big portion of my PhD time. Now as I am proceeding with publishing the results, I have had her name as co-author for few of the publications and she has added these publications in her Uni webpage and her CV. But I feel having her name on papers is unethical as she never had any input during the tests or analysis nor added a single word into my thesis and the papers from the thesis. I do not want my relationship goes sour with her but I do not want her name to be attached to my work and papers. Do you think it is enough just to acknowledge her in the "Acknowledgements" section of my future papers instead of having her as co-author of my own papers?

B

This is very subject dependent, so I think I'd seek guidance from someone you trust in your subject.