Forum suggestion (not so off-topic)

How about a sticky/static thread on this page that gives some tips or rules about posting to the forum? Not a boring or technical one (we have Rules page for that ;-)) but a simpler one so people search the forum before submitting a common question, they post their question to the right section (i.e. the Off topic section) and they don't post "where can I get funding" type of questions.

R

Or maybe an FAQ for more common questions. Or a link to a wiki or something with answers to common questions. Then people with knowhow could update them or somesuch.

strange isn't it.. There is an FAQ and a Rules pages on this website, but people don't seem to notice them for some reason.

(Richmond, I didn't mean you. I think you suggested as a thread sticky anyway?)

R

Yes I was thinking about a sticky. Though to be honest there is nothing wrong with that FAQ. Its just not overly informative on certain common issues such as morgages, which I guess is the main point of this thread. So it could be that the FAQ is either expanded or given subsections for certain common questions. Thats why I suggested a wiki type thing, as this site itself is not really responsible for answering such questions.