Free Research Service

B

Hi,
I am entering the final year of my Masters in Library Information Science program. This semester I have to complete a term project for my Digital Information Retrieval course. The term project entails conducting a user search. I have to write a user and technical report for the term project. I am writing on this forum because PhD degrees require a lot of research and believe that I could be of great assistance. My topics of interest include: Library Information Science, Sociology, Psychology, Art, History (particularly World War II, ancient Rome, ancient Greece & African-American history), music and film. I am also open to providing (free) research services in other disciplines as well.
My term project ends in December. I have three reports to complete by October 1, November 5 and December 9. So my service are temporary but invaluable. If anyone is interested, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,

S

Hi! Could you please clarify what the individuals would be expected to do exactly? Thanks.

B

I realize  Ph.d degrees require a great deal of research.  In this role I'd act as an intermediary to help you complete a section of your user needs.   We would conduct a brief interview (via skype, email, etc, which ever method is convenient for you) to assess the material you need for your dissertation. I would begin  the process of selecting the appropriate databases , search engines or resources needed.

Effective search strategies are involved, and you as the user provide an evaluation of the results I have presented to you. You provide feedback on the information provided to you and an agreed upon format of the presentation (word doc attachment, pdf, etc). 
I have to write a preliminary report, progress report and a final report.

Hope you are interested,