frustrated - maybe i should quit.

F

Another person saying don't quite now. I am really shocked at what your supervisor said, that is so unhelpful! Clearly he has never heard of constructive criticism! I hope you manage to get this sorted and follow up some of the great suggestions people have made.

J

thanks guys. my supervisor had decided that he's gonna take a few days to go thro my work and call me after that with the way to go forward with my work. i hope this time round its going to be a constructive meeting. am tired of going round in circles with a couple of draft chapters which are not organised in any way, because of this first chapter. anyhow, since he's decided that i shouldn't write anymo, i've decided to get on with publishing the article that i had put off because of this chapter. hopefully something good can come out of this to cheer me up. after all, who knows when am gonna be called for a meeting. 2 days, 2 weeks from now, 2 months? am not gonna sit around depressed all day because of some supervisor.

J

i doubt if the guy had read my work by the time he decided to call me for a meeting - otherwise why would he need to read it again? i really hate him right now and i've decided not to let him have such power over me. so i guess, am not quiting. just waiting for him to gather himself.

Jewel - in the light of the circumstances, it would be unwise for me to precise about my subject area. who knows, maybe he's a freak always on this site!

F

Good for you Jojo. I meant quit and not quite by the way (sorry!) I hope he actually reads the work and makes some constructive comments this time. Happy paper writing.

L

Hi Jojo,

Please dont quit now - take some time out to think about it then see if you feel better.
i have just suspended mine cos of illness and i miss my work allready-so please dont just give up you would have worked far too hard!

take care

J

thanks loopylou.

i won't be quitting.

wishing you a quick recovery.

and thanks to everyone else for their encouragement. i can finally smile .

J

my supervisor finally got back to me by email a week ago with constructive feedback. it involves restructuring the chapters that i already have into something that flows more easily, that is less detailed and avoiding some areas that aren't doing the argument in my thesis any good. am currently working on that and have set myself a deadline for submission on Monday. I just hope that this time round I can get my act together and do what my sup wants and stop being such a perfectionist - therefore too much detail and going off on tangents.

F

Great news Jojo. Good luck for the Monday deadline.

J

thanks fluffy!