Funding in Germany

G

I have Invitation from the University of Giessen in Germany to do a Phd in molecular biology. I do not have any grant from my own Country's government (Iran) so I have to get funding from a german source. I know that usually FindaPhd team says that you need to have grant from your own government but for me it is not possible. what is the best website or organisation to find funding for your Phd in Germany?Does anybody know?

The German Academic Exchange Service (cairo.daad.de) will have any information you need. The link provided is to their arabic web site.

G

If you are invited for an interview at Giessen do not they have the funding for the position they offer? Usually this is the case in Germany.

G

I was there 3 weeks ago and I did a seminar there. They said that they can not give me any scholarship or funding at the moment.

I have been awarded with Distinction from the University of Essex in England which is my only hope in getting a funding from a good source.

P.S. Thanks FindAPhD team for the link

G

Is there anybody on this website who has scholarship for his/her PhD in Germany?