General Election 2010

I think the EU card is an easy one to play for the Tories, most people feel 'bossed about' but don't see the benefits. My dads business couldn't survive without good relations with the EU.

I also think Cameron is a cyborg sent from another planet to destroy us all.

C

4matt, with all due respect, I think you may be incorrect regarding Nick Clegg's supposed attempts to smear conservative european allies

An article, admittedly in the Guardian, published nearly a year ago about some of David Cameron's eurosceptic allies includes a section that I have pasted here for people to consider

"Global warming is a lie, homosexuality is a "pathology" and Europe is becoming a "neo-totalitarian" regime, according to one of David Cameron's new European allies.

Tory headquarters may never have heard of Urszula Krupa, a militant Roman Catholic and strong Polish nationalist, but at the weekend in Warsaw, Cameron sealed his new alliance in Europe with Krupa's rightwing party in Poland, the opposition Law and Justice party (PiS) run by twin brothers Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczy´nski.

Cameron went to the city's Palladium cinema to stand alongside Jaroslaw Kaczy´nski, the PiS leader, and Mirek Topolánek, leader of the Civic Democratic party (ODS) in the Czech Republic, to celebrate the foundation of a new league of Eurosceptics to be established in the European parliament after elections for the assembly this weekend.

The Tory leader waxed lyrical about the Battle of Britain and how Czech and Polish pilots did their bit in the blitz with the RAF.

"Together we fought for freedom," Cameron said.

"We are the modern conservatives," added Kaczy´nski.

Paranoia towards the outside world, ingrained prejudice and discrimination towards homosexuals, fundamentalist Roman Catholicism, climate change denial and hostility towards Germany are some of the views espoused by the Kaczy´nskis' party, which is out of sync with a dynamic, modernising Poland where 80% of people like the EU.

Krupa and several of her likeminded colleagues wrote an open letter to Polish voters ahead of this week's election.

"We protest against the rising wave of anti-Polishness and the falsifying of history in Europe," they wrote. Homosexuality was a "pathology" undermining the sanctity of the family. Christianity was the root of European greatness. "We will not tolerate the Germanisation of western and northern Polish territories under the mask of Europeanisation."

For the full article try http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jun/02/david-cameron-alliance-polish-nationalists

Please don't try to make sweeping statements that mask some rather inconvenient truths about the conservative party in future

C

I'd also like to add that although I dislike the man, I am not in any way suggesting the David Cameron is anti-semitic/homophobic/denying climate change, I think he's just a bit desperate to enforce his Euro-sceptic agenda.

For anyone who likes to laugh at David Cameron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKFTtYx2OHc

http://ow.ly/i/1g5M

Interestingly their "vote for change" campaign has pretty much backfired in my constituency, because we've had a Tory MP for about 100 years and the same one for about 20, so a vote for change would mean turfing him out :p

I'm not sure why people think it's funny to attack Cameron about his Eton/Oxford past.  Clegg went to Westminster School, which is one of the top PRIVATE schools in the country, and from there to Cambridge. Vince Cable went to Cambridge, where he was President of the Cambridge Union.  Blair went to Fettes, an INDEPENDENT school in Edinburgh, and then to Oxford.

I'd like to see how the lefties would react if people came out and called people "Common scum" based on their background, or the way they speak.

Still, let's not let facts get in the way of smearing the Conservatives, eh?

It must be quite hard to make it as a politician if you haven't gone to the 'right' school and uni, didn't John Prescott go to cambridge?

John Prescott went to Ruskin College in Oxford, which isn't officially part of Oxford Uni, but does, in fact, share several facilities, links, and so on. I suppose it's not about the education that going to the places gives you, but about the networking.

:-) that's what my PhD is about! Kill me now!

Your PhD is about networking? Or the life and times of John Prescott??!

networking, the life and times of john prescott is my hobby :p

D

I think BNP is going to win more seats than they every had b4. This is because people think that 'A wolf in Sheeps Clothing' like
Bliars has proven even worse then a straight wolf. I am not BNP supporter but was really angry when people do not respect even at the
gathering after the election day the rightful winner...at the end of day he won through a system of so called democracy and any
politician or person with a democratic first floor will understand that.

Dispatcher, the BNP have approximately zero chance of winning a seat. This is because of the increasing appeal of the Lib Dems as a "not one of the main two" party, their own crap campaign, and the fact that they get higher figures in Euro elections, where one issue tends to dominate (I should know, I vote UKIP for Euro elections). End result - no seat for Nasty Nick.