Getting a bit nervous

D

I'm going on my first fox hunting sabotage next week and a bit nervous about it. Any advice?

H

dont kill any people.

What will you actually do?

S

take a few hounds, a horse, a big gun and just have fun!!!

S

if you kill all the foxes before everyone gets there, they will get bored and go home. keep doing this and they will soon give up the whole hunting idea.

A

Don't get mixed up with any dodgy 'protesters'. When I was a child I went with my Mum to visit a cousin who had a holiday job waiting at a hotel i.e. we were NOTHING to do with the hunt which, by chance, was meeting in the grounds of the hotel. On the way in to the hotel a protester threw a lit firework into the open window of our car, really scary (I was 12). The same bunch of protesters were later sticking drawing pins under the horses saddles. I remember being really confused (and still am today) wondering why someone who was there to protest against cruelty to foxes would then stick pins in a horse?

Take care Wickid! All the best.

K

DJWickid - Good on yer mate for taking direct action against these law-breakers. In my experience, it is most definitely the hunters you have to beware of, and not dodgy saboteurs. Hunters are obviously no strangers to violence, and 2 saboteurs have died following encounters with hunt vehicles. These 2 deaths are extreme examples of what hunters are capable of, but do not assume that if they are charging at you on their horse, they will deviate at the last minute. Try and keep out of their way and get on with the useful tasks of laying false scents and leading the hounds in the wrong direction by calling or using horns. Look out for one another. It's hard work physically too keeping up with horses, and involves quite a bit of running, so try and get in shape and get some rest the day before. Good luck!

D

Thanks for all the advice! Was hoping just to be misleading the scent etc. rather than sticking pins in saddles. Don't think violence is right, regardless of the issue! Getting quite excited now, although still nervous

J

Yay DJ well done for tsanding up for what you believe in! Good luck and let us know how it goes.

D

Will do, give you a report on Monday

D

... if I'm still alive!

A

How did it go?

D

Its this weekend, not last weekend.

H

What happened!?!?!?!?!?

S

Don't forget my ideas then. They wouldn't be expecting that.

D

Oh, I know this sounds really pathetic, but I hurt my knee running, and so I couldnt go. It hurt just to walk about the house and there was no way I could have run around the countryside. But I'm going to help out on a stall for the animal rights people this week to make up for it!