Getting close to xmas and not wanting to do work?

H

Am I the only one?

Then again, I never want to do any work but it feels worse at the moment....

J

Yes i agree. I feel really guilty about it because I feel like I'm not getting enough done.

M

I can assure you, you are not the only one.

S

CAN'T do any work because I'm waiting on stuff from people who have a week full of Christmas lunches to go to!

H

Hi H,
No I don't feel like doing any work either, but I have just got a draft chapter back that my supervisor wants redrafted before Xmas. Grr...! But this will mean what I put in now, I won;t have to be stressing over Xmas about...so this is actually a good thing. What...I have just talked myself into doing work...!

A

Running a few experiments, but nothing major. Added all Christmas wallpapers to the computers in the lab and generally talking more than usual. Tempted to put up some decorations but could be seen as a fire hazard by the safety officer. The Christmas spirit is defiantly in the air, especially with the Christmas party tomorrow, wahoo! Can't see anyone from the department in on Thursday morning....

D

Something strange happened to me this morning: I woke up, bounced out of bed, and thought to myself `must get that chapter written by christmas`. Yes, I actually wanted to do some work! Weird, it`s never happened to me before. Im embracing it while it lasts.

D

It`s ok! I`ve recovered! Feel just as lazy as ever today, it must have been a one off!

H

I think work is a bit of a "one off" thing. If I do lots of work one day...that is it for a few days. Like my brain can't take it or something. But great when you get those days you want to do work - I'm not scared to admit it! Unfortunately today is not one of those days...spent couple of hours considering postdoc options. Can dream that I might get this finished!

H

I think I am the queen of not doing any work.

No one can beat me, I have done absolutely nothing this week :D

J

h you have made me feel better now. if you are the queen then I am the princess as I have done nearly nothing this wk!!

D

I`ve had one of those dream about post doc options thing today. Dreams slightly unrealistic though with images of long leisurely lunches, punting down the river, and drinking sherry. Is academia really like that?!