getting confident - wish me luck

J

hey all,

just to say am getting a little confident about the chapter am writing now. can't wait to show it to my supervisor next week.

hope you'll be there to wipe my tears if my sup thinks its totally crap.

D

If your supervisor starts having a go at it in a way that is not being constructive then challenge him then and there. Just poiltly stop him and ask him to frame his comments in a positive way as you find this a lot more helpful to your revisions. If you can't do this (I hate confrontations) or if he can't do it just make your notes on his thoughts and then when you get out reframe them yourself in a positive way...be a glass half full rather than a glass half empty kinda person!!!!
Hopefully there will only be minor comnments and you'll feel on top of the world....believe in yourself and in your ability to complete this x

N

Just the fact of being able to write a chapter seems to me a great deed now! Well done!

P

Well done Jojo. Its good you feel confident. Remember at the end of the day it is 'your' work, 'your' PhD not theirs & supervisors are there in an advisory capicity not a God-like capacity.

F

Yay, that's great news Jojo.

J

thats brilliant, keep at it!

B

Goodluck!

C

All the best

J

thanks everyone .

am submitting in on Valentines. making sure it doesn't ruin my day. not that i'll be doing much, but who know?????

J

oops... knows .