Google Chrome vs Firefox

H

I was a massive Firefox enthusiast since converting from IE, but when I downloaded version 4 I was very disappointed with the changes, to the extent that I uninstalled and reverted to v 3.17. I don't know whether Firefox 5 is any better - I'm nervous about going there!

C

I used to use firefox all the time after discovering you didn't have to use IE all the time! But it started crashing on my almost every hour, although I usually have a few tabs open at once. So I started using Google Chrome and never looked back, it's so much easier to use! And it very rarely has any hiccups. Although the newest version works fine but looks rather odd, so I might be a browser slut and change again haha.

======= Date Modified 06 Jul 2011 22:37:08 =======

Quote From catalinbond:

I really likes firefox until the last update when they got rid of the little arrow next to the back button so you could only go back to previous page and not pick where you want to go back to.

I'm back on internet explorer, but need to do something. My lap top will not display my yahoo.com email. I don't know why because it works fine on my uni computer which uses internet explorer.

But apart from that I find internet explorer fine.

FOR THOSE MISSING THE DOWN POINTING LITTLE 'HISTORY' ARROW IN FIREFOX 5.0.

Move your mouse pointer over the 'BACK' and 'FORWARD' arrows top left on Firefox 5.0 (the one where the litte down arrow has disappeared).

Click either arrow with the right hand mouse button and your browser history will fully appear.

Move your mouse pointer over the history menu then right click to select the previously visited page you want to go to.
;-)

Quote From blue:

Why do you exclude Opera?

Also, what about Safari?

R

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878

Came across this earlier, apparently if you use Internet Explorer you have low IQ. Just as well I use Chrome then! :p

wow, the non-response bias on that study must have been immense. I use IE :$ but only cos my uni email doesn't work properly on the other browsers - it goes into 'security' mode and looks all funny and sometimes doesn't update properly

R

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878

apparently that story about IE users was a hoax - see above

they must have put quite a bit of effort in as the BBC went to the effort of contacting a statistician from Cambridge

S

I use Opera, and found that it's faster than any of the other web browsers. Occasionally I also use Safari, cos some of the webpages are a bit strange in Opera, although it seems to be less of an issue with the last couple of updates.