Gosh darn internal examiner

P

How long did it take you guys to get your corrections?

I passed my viva with minor corrections on the 8th Feb... it will be 3 weeks on Friday.

I emailed the Internal over a week ago and didn't get a reponse so my 2nd Supervisor had a word with her on Monday and she mumbled she hadn't had time and I have ages.. My 2nd pointed out to her I was 'on the cusp' of minor and major.. I have another chapter to write and it's not fair on me to be kept waiting.. one more week and 1/3rd of my time will be up.. :-S I work full time and I need to do my corrections ASAP.

He's going to be kicking her up the arse AGAIN tomorrow.. but, do you know any ways I can get her moving if that fails? threaten to sue the Uni? or would I have to wait until I 'fail' when she doesn't send them to me within 3 months...

A

hi there - congrats on passing the viva! i did mine recently too, also got minor corrections and they don't look that minor to me! i think being told that you're 'on the cusp' is best ignored - they just want to rain on your parade - don't let them. I think the difference between minor and major is quite subjective and definitely varies hugely depending on the university. My external came from a university where the time allowed for minor corrections was 3 months, and here it's 2. She's given me three month's of work anyway and i'm expected to get it done a month earlier (?*?).

re. the report - at my university you have 2 months from the date you receive the report- you have to be sent an official letter through the mail. - it's really unfair if you have less time to do it because the examiner is dragging their heels. Good luck with it anyway!