Got My Viva Examiner's Notes And Now I'm Panicking

E

I've posted elsewhere about my slightly shaky viva, where the outcome was that I was given six months to complete some structural revisions to my thesis. I'd been feeling really positive about getting back down to work, and had asked if it was possible to get an 'advance copy' of the examiners' notes, which the chairperson was happy to send me. So it's not the formal, Research-Office-Approved version, but it arrived with me (via email from my supervisor) today, and it's horrifying. They're basically looking for brand new pieces of research in places and potentially one research trip to London (I live in Northern Ireland - this will involve a flight, and I can barely afford rent at the moment). I have no earthly idea how I'm supposed to get this work done in the scheduled time, which was supposedly allotted to allow for the fact that I'd have to be working full time also. I don't see how I could do work of this scale in 6 months of FULL TIME study. Has anyone else had this experience? Am I maybe freaking out a bit here - maybe the first glance at the examiner's notes always looks worse than the reality? Help! I'm starting to feel like I'm going to fail this PhD....

D

I've sent you a PM