Had a terrible start to the day, but am determined to write something. Anyone else?

J

i've met my target. yeah! but am knackered. off for the day. hoping for a better day tomorrow. being very selfish tomorrow.

J

i've met my target. yeah! but am knackered. off for the day. hoping for a better day tomorrow. being very selfish tomorrow.

K

Well done Jojo! I managed to salvage something from my day eventually, but still didn't get as much work done on my chapter as I'd have liked. I turned the internet off completely and it was during that time that I wrote a few good paragraphs. I'm doing the same thing today in the hope of getting some focus. The internet is going off at 10:30am until this evening and I'm only stopping to eat and go for a couple of walks on my breaks. I hope your productivity continues into today-- don't make yourself available. Nobody who works in any other kind of job can be around to pick up the phone to family in the middle of the day so why should we?

A

Hi all! just popping in to share my two cents, yesterday was a busy day with little time actually at my desk doing work, but luckily enough the little time i did do work i actually had some good ideas, went home all enthusiastic to get stuck in the rest of the week and get it all written....then woke up this morning with a full blown cold :( am now im work feeling like death, dosed up with lemsip mas strength tablets, wishing i could just crawl back into bed...only got a paper and a presentation to do by the end of the week! booo! hope everyones wednesday is better!!

S

======= Date Modified 22 Oct 2009 07:49:53 =======
No, the horror continues!!

Forced myself to read and summarise a book on the methodology I'm using, and the doc crashed and I lost 3 hours work. AARRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! This methodology chapter is the most torturous, tedious, boring thing I've had to do for this thesis so far, am well over it.

Hope everyone has a better Thursday than me, I'm off to the pub to bore a friend about this...:-s

J

aww.. get well soon Algaequeen. Sue.. so sorry. i know how that feels.. esp when its that boring chapter that you finally managed to put a few sentences down on. take a break and get back to it.

yesterday was ok. did some reading. just getting started for the day today (8 hours) like office people and not accepting any distractions. now that i've finished that chapter, i have to get a story going and make it interesting because its still suffering from 'boring' syndrome. sigh..

L

Hi everyone, hope everyones Thursday is better than their Tuesday. My Wednesday was quite productive. I managed to get a chapter finished although it needs a bit of tidying and no doubt there will be corrections. Unfortunatley my Thursday hasn't got off to a good start, I slept in again this morning and I missed a meeting with my supervisor :-( Its after lunchtime and I've still done nothing today. Hoping that my Thursday is nothing like my Tuesday but it seems its just a wish that wont come true. *Sigh*.

:$

How is everyone today?

M

An hour's teaching this morning has somehow filled the whole day so far, even though I left the house at 7.15! Now back home and bracing myself for the afternoon...

had awful morning. Spent all day so far doing lots of work, just not on my PHD and the cleaner has spent 2 hours (it seems) hoovering under my chair. Now I have to spend the afternoon doing work on another project, which again is not my Phd. oh well - roll on a working weekend.