hair loss in PhD students

J

Yes, the iron tablets are making me constipated (in this case the face is not angry, but represents me sat on the toilet getting nowhere)

H

juno, which ones are you taking?

J

Sainsbury's own brand (cos I'm a cheapskate)

D

hello, im new on here,
Anyway your angry face made me laugh!

C

Psoriasis! Argh!

Thanks to peoples advice on PhD life, mine has waned and looks nowhere near as bad as it did...but I still have some marks on my torso which after six months are still there. They're not bad..just that if I am stressed or have physically exerted myself (and thus pumped blood into the affected areas)...they go bright red and angry looking. Ewwww

J

hello Duncan!

Bloody hell, it seems we're a sickly lot on here.

L

I get hair loss at my tamples but I think that mine is a mixture of hormonal and stress. Think i'll have a shot at some of the advice that's been given here.

D

i am now taking iron tnx to the advice here but how long till there is any result,... i wanna dye my hair - am i loopy ?? x

L

Yeah i wanted to dye my hair before christmas - think i will avoid this though!! Thanks for all the advice

C

I plan to dye my hair in late jan in preparation for my trip to Sweden - I'm imagining a blonde tone

I

Wow - really good advice! As I'm sure most men do, I've been fretting about baldness - I'll check these suplements out...

And good going, Fifi - I know someone who had Alopetia on my Masters course, and she did seem very stressed about a lot of things - not just about the work (she was clever, so she shouldn't have fretted too much) but also about her social life, as well. And it embarassed her, so she worried about that too. It's good to hear you're doing well with it 8)

M

Yes, it is happening to me right now and for about a month! I am scheduled to defend in January...