Hangovers: a token of time well spent or an unpassable hurdle?

B

Does anyone else struggle working with a hangover? I have one today and have been so lazy. Im a first year so I hope it wont be too much of a problem but I think I might well have to give drink up soon because I cant deal with the consequences. And before you say the magic phrase "in moderation" this doesnt apply to me. Unfortunately I am an 'all or nothing' type of guy. Any good hangover cures that people have come accross apart from drinking water before bed (Which I never do!!!!)

Cheers

B

How often do you have a drink then dan? I feel like the day has been a total write off and I am just like you. Just worried that it cant be too frequent i.e. every thursday!!!!

D

Read section on Hangovers in `How to be Idle`by Ian Hodgkinson. If that seems like too much effort, have a lunch time pint instead

D

Urghhhhh!! Now I`m hungover. What`s worse, i have that horrible alcohol paranoia when you`re sure you did something really terrible, but can`t quite remember what

A

Since becoming a postgraduate my alcohol tolerance has plummetted which is very odd. My first year as an undergraduate would see me out most nights with my housemates to at least two in the morning (probably why my student loan ran out very quickly that year). If I treid to do that now I'd keel over :-) A sign of being a bit more mature and grown up.

In regards to curing the hangovers, lots of water the night before (as much as you can stomach) and a supply of pain killers near the bed for the morning after the night before. Happy Hangover!