Happy (anti) Valentines Day to all believers and non believers!

no, are you though?

P

hmmm....

Hey! I would give you a choccie, but this is cyber space. It's all nearly over now - just half an hour to go.

P

:-)

thankkkieee

that's ok, BIG cyber HUGS;-)

P

(((hugssss)))

P

======= Date Modified 15 Feb 2009 10:20:47 =======
I was feeling very low yesterday. I always do when valentine's day is upon us! I haven't received any thing to do with v day for about 3 years now (and that's not because I haven't been in a relationship!).

My boyfriend did NOTHING for v day, no card nothing. He didn't even bother to send a text or a phone call and he hasn't called in about a week. I was quite jealous with couples and seemingly smug females clutching their roses and gazing into each others eyes within restaurants!

To make myself feel better, I brought myself some very fattening stuff- I scoffed on 2 cream slices, a large packet of Kettle crisps (sweet chilli) and I brought myself a box of Thornton's chocolate and considered watching something like Kill Bill! This morning, I feel ill and I feel very guilty! I completely undid all of my exercise at the gym I've been doing to pull myself into shape and to escape these PhD blues!

Maybe I should consider my options regarding the boyfriend! :(

I also did my laundry, walked into town, came into the office and did a few hours work. :-(

P

Well Pineapple, my story is better. I was sitting making a table of things to do, done, done well, done not so well, problems and solutions. So u know now that V days can be bad!

I started watching Fools Rush In late at night, slept all evening, had a 2 hr 46 minute phone call with an ex BF, till 2 in the morning, realised maybe it's Ok to not be in a relationship at 24, maybe a couple of yrs later is fine as well, then disagreed with myself, and in all, V Day has been spectacular!

L

======= Date Modified 15 Feb 2009 13:44:55 =======
thank God valentines day is over! its alright for people who are in a couple, but sucks for singletons, the one day where you're reminded, hey no one loves you!

i avoidded all valentines stuff, and spoilt myself instead, and watched the latest grey anatomy episode :-) it was a nice relaxing day !

but its over now hurrah!! lol

B

My boyfriend gave me a "keep calm and carry on" mug for Valentines day - very appropriate given the recent stresses of my thesis-writing slog (...and my endless tea-drinking).

P

Love the Ode Smilodon,

And now I can spell Makka Pakka correctly!

T

I had a lovely lunch out with my husband - although our son was there too so not that romantic! To all those who are feeling the Valentine blues - hang in there! I didn't have a single Valentine for the whole of my twenties (not that I was single the whole time - had some real loser boyfriends during that time too, lucky me!) I met my husband just after Valentine's day when I was 29 and things have been a lot better on February 14th ever since. ;-)

S

I met my husband when I was 33 - you know what they say - you have to kiss a lot of frogs 8-)

L

I almost dont wanna post because I fear being chased out with pitchforks but I had a lovely Val day. I have never had a good one before-minor breakdown panic attack 2 years ago on one being the high point lol you see my point!
But my other half bought me a mass of red roses, surprised me with tickets to Wicked in the West End for April, flights booked and everything, I get to pick the hotel! He thought it would make me smile and would give me an incentive to work toward. I love him to bits. Its been a lovely day.
Ive kissed a lot of frogs, a lot of idiots and a lot of not very nice ones.
x

AAAhhhhh Lim, that's so sweet.