having a really rubbish day

J

hi,

I have been having a problem with my experiment. I have had 3 different sets of advice of 3 different people. One of these keeps asking me all the time how I am getting and this morning I told this person what I had found out and they made me feel really stupid and thick. After this person had gone I started crying. I feel so stupid 2 ppl saw me crying and they are going to think im so silly but I couldn't help it.

I need cheering up.

Z

I had a really bad day too - in fact, I've had several bad days since I started two months ago!! But for all the bad days I've had lots more fab days. Today the meeting I had with my supervisors went wrong - I was put on the spot and just could not explain what I meant to say so ended up mixing my words up, saying the wrong thing blah blah blah. Mental!! Just laughed it off. One of my supervisors takes things too seriously anyway.

A

Hi Jen

Please don't worry about it, it happens, sometimes things just get on top of you and the stress finds an outlet [be glad that we are girls and can have a good cry, if we were men we'd have to punch a wall or something ;o) ]. I'm sure noone will think badly of you, as David said it just shows that you care about your work. Hope you can have some fun at the weekend and try to forget about the work for a day or two.

Take care

Ann

A

Hi Jen, hope you're feeling better. We all feel crap like this sometimes. As a bloke, my frustration usually manifests in lots of pacing and grumbling.

I've got some quite serious problems out here in China at the moment. I've been seriously let down by the person who was supposed to sort out my research here. I was told everything was sorted for my visit but upon arrival, this was proved to be a lie I've been from one fiasco to the next (including the fact that I was supposed to be helped for my seven weeks here and I'm five and a half weeks in, and I've been on my own for all of it). Quite angry at the moment and doing a lot of pacing....

A

The guy who 'supposedly' sorted out this trip is FINALLY getting his arse out here next wednesday (when I've only got a week left). Do I:

a) Talk to him in a reasonable manner airing my grievances in a dignified fashion;
b) Scream blue murder at him for pretty much abandoning me out here and ruining what could have been a very research rewarding experience or
c) Jab at him with sharpened chopsticks?

I like options b) and c) but I'm going to have to go with a)

J

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your advice it has been most helpful. I feel much better knowing that I'm not the only one who is has rubbish days. Luckily the person in question is not in today so I can relax but I don't know what will happen when they get back tomorrow. :)

J

congratulations taupe!!! Its not to hear somebody overcoming their troubles and being sucessful. Maybe there is hope for me!